Conditions of Entry
Before booking, please ensure you have read our latest COVID-19 updates, as well as the below conditions.
- You will receive 1 x confirmation email and QR code per booking. Guests on your booking may check in at different times, but will need to produce the confirmation email and QR code upon entry.
- Day passes are valid for 12 months from the booking selection date.
- Yearly passes are valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
If you have any questions, please call us on (07) 3378 1366 or email us on [email protected].
NOTE: Prices are subject to change without notice. Please refer to our full terms & conditions below.
General Terms & Conditions
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary reserves the right to change prices, opening days, hours of operation, daily schedule, and related terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Tickets, experiences and tours are non-refundable and cannot be transferred for other products or services. Tickets, experiences and tours are not redeemable for cash, and cannot be on-sold to another party for re-sale.
- Discounted purchases are not eligible to be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or upgrade, unless specified by Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Membership discount benefit cannot be used for commercial purposes
- Redemption of the member benefit discount to purchase Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Day Passes, is limited to 6 per day.
- Refunds will not be issued in the case of wet or poor weather. Please check the weather forecast before you visit. Rescheduling is not offered once a guest has entered the Sanctuary.
- Annual pass holders must present their valid pass upon entry. In the case of a forgotten/lost pass, a replacement pass may be purchased for $5.00AUD.
- Children under the age of 3 years are free of charge and do not require a ticket.
- Children (3-13years) must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, aged 18 years or over, at all times unless enrolled in a Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary staff-supervised educational program.
- Children must be 3-13 years to qualify for a child’s ticket or to be included in a family pass.
- Tertiary students, seniors and pensioners must show ID upon arrival to qualify for a concession ticket.
- The operation may be affected by adverse weather conditions or maintenance activity.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs of any type are to be brought on to the premises.
- No glassware or sharp objects are to be brought on to the premises.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is strictly a smoke-free property. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. No food or beverages are to be consumed in designated smoking areas under Queensland law.
- No animals are permitted inside the sanctuary grounds, with the exception of assistance animals with prior approval. Email [email protected] to arrange your visit.
- No scooters, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, skates or motorised vehicles are permitted inside the sanctuary grounds.
- No noise amplifiers, speakers, megaphones or musical instruments of any nature are permitted on Lone Pine property, unless prior approval has been arranged.
- The venue reserves the right to inspect your bags at any time for security purposes.
- Guests may not display anything that contains obscene, foul, profane, illegal or unacceptable language, photos, images, symbols or phrases.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary reserves the right to refuse entry or remove guests from the property at any time. Reasons may include, but are not limited to, vandalism, stealing, offensive or violent behaviour, queue jumping, failure to properly supervise persons under your care, failure to follow safety instructions, rude or abusive treatment of our staff, or failure to comply with any of these Conditions of Entry. Such actions may result in immediate eviction from the venue without a refund. Additional action may include Police involvement and/or venue ban.
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is an Australian Proprietary Limited company and not registered as a not-for-profit organisation. All donations made are non-tax deductible. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the beneficiary of all donations, with proceeds used for the animals in their care, wildlife research, conservation and in specific cases third party not-for-profit organisations. Lone Pine will, at all times, remain transparent as to where proceeds from each campaign will be distributed.
- There are inherent risks in attending a wildlife zoo or sanctuary. You, by your participation, accept the inherent risks of which a reasonable person is or should be aware.
- Footwear and clothing must be worn at all times.
- As Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is a wildlife corridor, the natural terrain and integrity of the land is respected and maintained. It is the responsibility of guests to remain on designated pathways and to keep an eye out for naturally-occurring trip and fall hazards (i.e., sticks, rocks, pebbles, plants, etc.).
- Vehicles are parked on Lone Pine property at your own risk. The sanctuary will not be responsible for loss of, or damage to any vehicle, accessory or contents in, or on any vehicle.
- Guests are responsible for their own personal property when on Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary grounds. The sanctuary will not be responsible for the loss of, theft or damage to any personal property.
- Guests must obey all written or verbal instructions or warnings given by Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary staff or volunteers without objection.
- Guests are not to sit, stand or climb on exhibit fencing or barriers under any circumstances, nor attempt to enter any animal exhibits.
- Guests must not enter ‘Staff Only’ areas for any reason or at any time, unless under the instruction and direct supervision of a Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary staff member.
- To ensure the safety of staff, guests or animals, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary has the right to close the sanctuary or any part thereof (including animal exhibits or shows), at any time it is deemed necessary and will not be liable for any loss or expense occurred by a guest as the result of such closure.
- If a guest sustains injury as a result of not following safety instructions, failing to comply with any of the Conditions of Entry, or acting in an inappropriate or unsafe manner, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is not liable for personal injury, loss or damages.
- First aid officers are present at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary between the hours of 8am-5pm. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary staff (including First aid) are not permitted to administer any medication. For any incidents or health events requiring advanced first aid, medical or emergency attention, guest/s will either be referred to the nearest GP clinic or emergency services will be called.
- Three Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located onsite, for use by Lone Pine staff in the case of cardiac arrest.
Interacting with Animals & Wildlife
- Guests are to remember that although in a captive environment, the sanctuary’s animals are not domesticated. This must be taken in to consideration, and respected, at all times.
- Guests must not bang, kick or hit exhibit walls or fencing. Guests must not yell, shout, scream, clap, or make other loud noises to in an attempt to wake, or get the attention of, any animal.
- No part of the body, or items such as sticks, selfie sticks or umbrellas, are to be extended into exhibits for any reason.
- When in any free-range animal area, guests are to walk at all times and approach animals in a quiet manner. Free-range animals are not to be held or restrained at any time or for any reason. Our animals must be free to move away from guests at all times, and must never be chased.
- Some of our animals naturally have sharp claws and powerful limbs. Guests must understand that through interacting with these animals (such as holding or feeding), small scratches or marks from their claws are possible.
- Wild animals on Lone Pine grounds must never be touched, threatened, hit, kicked, poked or picked up. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is not liable for any injury sustained as a result of a guest interacting with a wild animal of any kind.
- Any guest seen to be interacting with any animal (wild or captive) in an inappropriate or unsafe manner may be evicted from the property.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Height and age restrictions may apply to certain animal encounters and photo opportunities. This is for the safety of our staff, guests and animals. For guests who meet height or age requirements, it still remains up to the discretion of Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary staff as to whether it is safe for a guest to partake in an encounter or photo opportunity.
- The feed we provide our animals (including free range animals) may contain traces of milk and nuts.
- All animals can carry diseases which may be transmitted to people. Please ensure you wash your hands with soap and water after handling or interacting with animals, and before eating and drinking.
- Some of our animals are nocturnal, and as such, may not be visible at all times. They are free to sleep in their dens or burrows as they wish. Refunds or revisits will not be issued due to animals being out of public view.
Photography & Videography
- Any photographs, videos or sound recordings taken by guests at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary must be for personal use only. Any use, reuse or production for commercial purposes is not permitted, without express written approval by Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary management.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary reserves the right to photograph guests at any time for security purposes, or for use in connection with promotional activities and general commercial operations of the sanctuary. You expressly agree to the use of your image and likeness for these purposes without compensation.
- Security cameras are installed throughout the sanctuary grounds for purpose of monitoring the safety of guests, staff and animals. In the case of an incident, including theft or illegal activity, video footage may be passed on to authorities for review.
Gift Cards – Terms and Conditions
- Lone Pine Gift Cards are valid for 3 years from the date of purchase.
- The validity period of the gift card begins on the date of purchase. If you schedule your gift card to be sent to the recipient at a later date, the date of purchase still remains the ‘valid from’ date and not the date that the recipient receives their card.
- No cash refund and gift card balances are not redeemable for cash.
- Lone Pine Gift Cards are non-transferable, unless as required by law.
- Gift Cards are available in the following Australian dollar denominations; $50, $100, $150, $200, and $250.
- When you purchase a Lone Pine Gift Card, you will receive 2 emails, one with the receipt of purchase and the other with the digital gift card details. If you choose to enter the recipient details, they will receive the digital gift card and you will only receive the receipt of purchase. If you would like a copy of the digital gift card, enter your own details where it asks for “recipient details” and both the digital gift card and receipt of purchase will be emailed to you.
- If you would like to use your digital gift card to purchase products on our website, simply enter the gift card number at checkout, where it shows “Redeem gift card”.
- For purchases in person, at the sanctuary, your digital gift card or QR code must be presented at time of entry and at any of our food, beverage, and retail outlets.
- The purchaser agrees that by completing the purchase of a Lone Pine Gift Card, that they have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions above.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is final.